Pipeline Tracing and Mapping
NDT Global Services offer specialist pipeline and mapping services. The Pipeline Current Mapper (PCM) determines the location and measurement of pipelines and analyses areas of corrosion using electromagnetic detection devices.
Our inspectors are able to locate the pipeline, even in heavily congested areas such as conduits, and then provides the operator with a measurement of depth, current strength, and signal direction applied by the transmitter to quickly pinpoint corrosion related problems.
Real time mapping analysis (PDA or PC) using Radiodetection Survey software to provide faster analysis of mapped information, all information is immediately uploaded and linked with GPS into our database plotting locations and depths of pipelines.
- Tracing of buried pipelines and utilities
- Majority of buried pipeline leaks occur due to coating breakdown (external corrosion)
- Accurate detection of weaknesses and holidays in oil and gas pipeline coatings
- Accurate to within 1m of defect
- Many miles can be inspected from one connection
- Cross country or urban areas
- Use of GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar)
- Accurate mapping and plotting of GPS co-ordinance
- Establish centerline depth
- Troubleshoot coating defects.